Have you always wanted to sail to the Canary islands, and yet still on your bucket list? Now’s your chance at the Demarage Sail Centre. In September 2017 the MariFlex Challenge will set sail from the Netherlands to the Canary Islands and will sail back to the Netherlands at the start of 2018. It is possible to join in that part of the sailing trip you have always dreamed of or where you’d like to sail again. The MariFlex Challenge is a unique yacht and fully equipped with the necessary attention to comfort. For more information see the MariFlex Challenge. The sailing trip is divided in a number of passages that you can sign up for. Every passage has its own challenges and an expectation of the duration and period.
- Dinteloord – London (September 2nd, 4 to 5 days)
- London – Cherbourg (September 9th, 5 to 7 days),
- Cherbourg – Brest (September 17th, 4 to 6 days),
- Brest – La Coruna (September 23rd, 3 to 4 days),
- La Coruna – Porto and/ Lissabon (September 29th, 4 to 6 days),
- Lissabon – Rabat or Casablanca (October 6th, 8 to 10 days)
- Rabat – Lanzarote (October 18th, 4 to 6 days)
These passages are real offshore sailing mile makers from one port to the next. Sailing will be continued at night in a watch system.
For the passages from the Netherlands to the Canary Islands and back, offshore sailing experience is recommended. The dates for the sailing trip from the Canary Islands back to the Netherlands will be planned later, but we expect that this sailing trip will start at the end of April 2018. If you’re interested in participating in one or more of these passages (also with regards to the journey back from April 2018) you can request our terms and conditions, free of obligation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.